IYER BANDS – FOR RESTORATIONS (DENOVO BANDS)
1. Howe Plier IMAGE 1
2. A pair of scissors IMAGE 2
3. Matrix band 3/16 ” IMAGE 3 ( you can buy this of ebay 5 rolls for $15)
4. Dental spot welder IMAGE 4
5. Ratchets various sizes ( have to be chosen and numbered) see tutorial IMAGE 5 5A
- Take a set of Denovo bands from size 1-15 or whatever u carry in your Denovo box.
- Take some ratchets as shown in image 5. If you dont have ratchets, amazon.com use the link below $23 or search for Drive Ratchet on Amazon.
- Match the Denovo bands to the ratchets as shown in image 7 and 7A. It should be a snug fit. Once you have the ratchet for each size of the denovo band, make sure u scribe the size number (image 7B) of that Denovo band on that ratchet. You can use a hand piece and any bur and scribe on the ratchet.
- Take a piece of the matrix band as shown in image 8 and 8A.
- Fold it around the ratchet for the size of the denovo band you have chosen to make. IMAGE 9A
- Use the howe plier and give it a good pinch to conform the shape image 9.
- When the band is removed from the ratchet it should look nice and circular if you gave it a good pinch. see image 10.
- Take it to the spot welder. Give it to 2 tags of spot welding, not more. If more than 2 tag welds are done then it is difficult to split the band to remove it after the filling. see image 11 11A.
- The IYER BAND 🙂 made……. IMAGE 11C
- The cut edges of the band are sharp and have to be rounded with a pair of scissors. See image 12 and 13.
- Use a small magnet pick up tool ($7.00)to remove the small sharp metal pieces so your DA or anyone fabricating the band wont get cut. IMAGE 14
- AND THATS IT……
- When your office staff are free add this to their TO DO LIST……
- THANKS FOR READING, ANY ERRATA …PLEASE PM ME